Our family loves egg casserole! We have tried several recipes over the years that were O.K...that is until recently. I came across a great recipe for Egg Puffs from Beauty and Bedlam. I love the fact that you can make these individually. They taste great and my family never questions what I put in them. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do!
- 10 eggs beaten
- 1 (16 oz) container cottage cheese
- 1 pound of bacon
- 16 ounces shredded Monterrey jack cheese, (or your preference)
- 1 (7oz ) can diced green chile peppers, drained
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt (I’ve used garlic salt as well)
- 1 tsp onion or garlic powder
- dash of pepper
- finely chopped peppers, onions, diced ham, crumbled sausage (optional additions)
Preparation time: 10 minute(s)
- Cook the bacon, drain grease, crumble and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat eggs well, then add the cottage cheese, Monterrey Jack cheese, Chile peppers, bacon (and any optional ingredients).
- (If making the night before, cover bowl and refrigerate this mixture overnight.)
- The next morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove cheese mixture from refrigerator, stir in the flour, melted butter, baking powder and salt.
- Gently spoon the batter into 24 lightly greased muffin cups or 9×13 baking dish.
- I highly recommend baking these in the muffin tins, but either works fine.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes for muffins, 30 – 40 for 9×13 or until the egg puffs are slightly golden on top.
Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
Number of servings (yield): 12