Monday, February 20, 2012

Baked Eggplant Fries


I made eggplant fries the other night.  It was a bit of a long shot, but turned out to be a huge success!  They tasted great and no one had a clue they were eating eggplant (even me and I actually like eggplant).  My pickiest eater actually told her Dad on leftover night that these were the best ever...made me feel great!

They were very easy to make.  Here is the recipe.

1 small eggplant
1 egg
1/2 cup milk
1 cup bread crumbs
Salt
Pepper
Paprika

Peel and cut the eggplant into sticks to resemble fries.  Whip the egg in one container, place the milk in a second container, put the bread crumbs, salt, pepper and paprika in a third container.  Dip the eggplant stick in the milk, then the eggs, followed by the bread crumbs.  Place the eggplant fries on a no-stick (I like no stick Reynolds wrap) or sprayed pan.  Bake the fries at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes.   

No comments:

Post a Comment