Thursday, March 15, 2012

What Do You Do When You Buy or Cook Too Much?


The other night I made 7 baked potatoes and we only ate 2.  I was left with 5 potatoes...what to do?  It took two meals to use the extra potatoes.  We had hash the next afternoon for lunch and fried potatoes the following day as part of breakfast. 

So, what do you do when you buy or cook too much?  I try to think outside the box and use my leftovers and extra purchases in new and exciting recipes.  Here are few more ideas that I have used in the last few weeks.

Excess apples - cinnamon apple dessert, apple muffins
Zucchini - meatballs, zucchini carrot muffins
Bananas - banana peanut butter muffins
Eggplant - Moukassa
Strawberries - Smoothies
Yogurt - Use in muffins rather than milk
Sour Cream - Use instead of milk in scrambled eggs and mashed potatoes


Share your ideas in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment