Sunday, March 18, 2012

Crockpot Potato Soup


I have never been a fan of potato soup but came across a recipe the other day that used cream cheese.  I love cream cheese so I thought I would give it a try.  Well needless to say potato soup is now one of my favorite dishes.  I hope you love the soup as much a I did.

3 lbs. red potatoes diced
32 oz. College Inn White Wine & Herb broth
32 oz. Water
3 cloves garlic minced
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
6 slices bacon
1 tsp. dill
1 can Green Giant 50% less sodium Corn
16 oz. Philadelphia Cream Cheese

Add the potatoes, broth, water, garlic, salt and pepper to a crockpot and cook on high for 6 hours.  Cook the bacon and slice into small pieces. (I cook my bacon in a Pyrex dish in the oven at 425 degrees).  Add the bacon, dill, corn and cream cheese to the crockpot.  After about 30 minutes stir the soup to break up the cream cheese (I had to use a whisk to break up the smaller pieces).  Continue to cook until desired tenderness of the potatoes is acheived.  For my taste that was three additional hours.


No comments:

Post a Comment