Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Bake Your Own Birthday Cake

This past week we celebrated two of my children's birthdays.  I decided to order my children a cake and set of cupcakes per their request, but changed my mind once I saw the prices.  The prices were out of this world!  So, I decided to bake my children their cakes as I have in the past.  Baking these items only cost a fraction of the price of store bought cakes and was extremely easy.  

You can personalize the cakes easily as well.  My daughter's theme was Tinker Bell and my son's theme was Star Wars.  To decorate the cupcakes I found a FREE clipart, transferred it to a word document and printed them.  I then cut out each one and taped a toothpick to the back of each one.  To decorate the cake I placed a single layer cake on top of a sheet cake.  I cut the Jedi symbol out of wax paper, placed it on the single layer and filled it in with cocoa powder.  I then piped Happy Birthday!

These were inexpensive to make and fun!  Next time you have to make a birthday cake I hope you consider making your own.


No comments:

Post a Comment